Monday, April 10, 2017

Lady Sorrow

My truest friend had gone along,
The path I could not follow,
So suddenly, he had left me
Bereft, with no tomorrow.

My unshakable and constant friend
Was gone, swift as a feather,
No more we would nor could again
Laugh or cry together.

No comfort came from any mourner,
To me they all were hollow,
But then one morn, with black adorned,
Visited the Lady Sorrow.

I knew her name though never had I,
Seen or sat down with her,
But friends had told me when they grieved,
She came swiftly thereafter.

She swept into my humble home,
Grief’s very emissary,
It was as though, she came just so,
All my tears I wouldn’t carry.

For I knew, ‘twas very true,
That a mourner by himself
Will heal what’s broken twice as fast,
With a friend to give him help.

And though my friends were all gone then,
Lady Sorrow took their place,
And sitting close we wept as one,
Recalling my dear friend’s face.

The next day Sorrow had got gone,
And with her went the pain
That had plagued me all those dark days,
When alone, I fought in vain.

The time together with that Lady
Had healed my sundered soul,
And my dear friend now safely stays
Within myself made whole.

And there he’ll stay, all thanks to that
Dear Lady Sorrow who
Showed how one grieved could heal their pain
If it is healed with two

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Very Fishy Endeavor