Monday, April 10, 2017

Mr. Loneliness

One day while I sat alone,
Lamenting a friendship’s shortness,
I had a sudden visit from,
The man called Mister Loneliness.

I knew him at a glance, although,
He’d never spoken to me,
But several times in the near past,
I’d shared his company.

He was alongside me when all,
Of my friends could not meet,
Or when all chairs were vacant, there,
He filled the nearest seat.

He says ‘hello’ when you goodbye,
A friend or family member,
And when you sit, like me, forgetting,
He’ll help you to remember.

But as he sat quite silently,
Looking at me and smiling,
I knew for such a stalwart friend,
He lengthened the hours’ whiling.

I did not speak to him that day,
But gave him a ‘good morning’,
And quickly left my dusty rooms,
To escape my Lonely mourning.

So if Mister Loneliness,
Ever pays you a visit,
Remember just this sentence,
Of advisement, which is this.

Sitting by yourself alone,
And drinking sorrow dry,
Is no way to remain for long,
I'll tell you now just why.

Companions come and go ‘tis true,
And life is hard and sad,
But if you go and seek friends out,
You’ll soon be very glad.

Because, you know, life is also,
An adventure, a merry chase,
So when Mr. Loneliness comes knocking next,
Close the front door in his face

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Very Fishy Endeavor