Wednesday, March 28, 2018

September


The Summer sun is hot and bright,
The sky a cloudless blue
But this warm breeze blows cold on me,
In August without you

I miss the days I had with you,
But how the time has flown
Now I’m alone this Summer day,
And you’re somewhere unknown

I held your hand when June began,
It never felt so right
As when we kissed beneath the stars,
One rainy July night

Those happy days, a golden haze,
Were far too short for some
It was as if you fell away,
As soon as you had come

Your Summertime has ended and,
My August still goes on
But whether it is over soon,
Or goes on far too long

I’ll meet you in September,
When days turn short and cold
I’ll see you there when trees grow bare,
And leaves turn brightest gold

I’ll see you then, at August’s end,
When all my summer’s done
The wind may roar, but cold no more,
With thoughts of you to come

I’ll meet you in September,
When all the flowers die
And the song of our love story,
Turns to a lullaby

But while the sun shines high above,
And I have life to go
I’ll revel in this season’s heart,
For at the end I know

The clouds will come; the wind will blow
These Summer months away
And I’ll wake up and see you there,
On that September day

I’ll meet you in September

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Very Fishy Endeavor